Monday, December 21, 2015

Running R in the Oracle Database video

Earlier this year I was asked by the Business Analysics & Big Data SIG (of the UKOUG) to give a presentation on Oracle R Enterprise. Unfortunately I had already committed to giving the same presentation at the OUG Norway conference on the same day.

But then they asked me if I could record a video of the presentation and they would show it at the SIG. The following video is what I recorded.

At the UKOUG annual (2015) conferences I was supposed to give a 2 hour presentation during their Super Sunday event. Unfortunately due to a storm passing over Ireland on the Saturday all flights going to the UK were cancelled. This meant that I would miss my 2 hour presentation.

Instead of trying to find an alternative speaker for my presentation slot at such sort notice, the committee suggested that they would show the video.

Based on the feedback and the people who thanked me in person during the rest of the conference, I've decided to make it available to everyone. Hopefully you will find it useful.

The following are the links to the demo code that is shown or referred to in the video.

People have been asking me if the demo scripts I used in video are available. You will probably find some of these on various blog posts. So to make it easier for everyone I will post the demo scripts in one or more blog posts over the coming weeks. When these are available I will update this blog post with the links.

I have a few new presentations on Oracle R Enterprise in 2016 so watch out for these at an Oracle User Group conference.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing,it's great work you've done well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brendan, your blog and level of details of ORAA topics are outstanding. Thanks!
    Will there be "Demo Code 4" and "Demo Code 5" sections available at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check the blog posts that follow, as all the example code has been posted on the blog

      Delete