Monday, July 8, 2013

12c Roundup so far and Events

I’m on vacation at the moment. As a result I’ve missed all the 12c launch and excitement that goes with it. I’ve managed to get a few minutes to put this post together. The aim of this post is to list some interesting blog posts (by other people over the past few days). I intend to expand the list when I get time.

I also wanted to highlight two 12c launch events. The first of these is the official Oracle 12c webcast. It is on Wednesday 10th July. Click on the following image to register etc. The webcast will have Mark Hurd, Andy Mendelsohn and Tom Kyte.

image

The second 12c launch event will be hosted by Oracle in Ireland. This will be on the 5th September in the Gibson Hotel (Dublin) between  13:00 and 17:30.  I believe their might be some 12c goodies available for the attendees. Again click on the image below to register and to check out the agenda.

image

The following are some articles and blog posts that have been published since 12c has been launched. This is not a complete list or and indication of quality, but I’ve noted them for me to come back to after my vacation to read. You might have come across others. If so let me know and I will add them to the list.

12.1c Download page

12.1c Documentation page

12.1c New Features Guide

Oracle Advanced Analytics Option 12c and SQL Dev 4 new features

Oracle Database 12c: Oracle Multitenant Option

Oracle website for Multitenent 

New DB12c feature involves invisibility

12c - SQL Text Expansion

Ever expanding SQL for 12c

Oracle 12c Magazine by @leight0nn in Flipboard

How long can you hold off on Oracle 12c

Oracle 12c Install articles by Tim Hall (oraclebase) on Linux5 and Linux6

 

Over the coming weeks (after my vacation) I will be posting some articles on the Advanced Analytics Option in 12c. There are a number of new features. Also when SQL Developer 4 comes out I will be including all the new functionality that is included in the updated ODM tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment