Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oracle ACE Director

Towards the end of last week I received and email from Oracle saying that I had been nominated and accepted, by Oracle, to become an Oracle ACE Director.

This is something that makes me very proud and honours the work I have been doing over the past few years on Data Mining in Oracle (Advanced Analytics Option, Data Science/Predictive Analaytics, or whatever you want to call it). Thank you to everyone who nominated me.

If you are not familiar with the Oracle ACE Program, it is a way for Oracle to acknowledge not only technical skills but also personal engagement with the Oracle Community and Technology overall. There is even a FAQ that explains how this program works.

There are a few perks that come with the title, and Oracle have a few  expectations too. Most of these expectations I’m already doing!!  What I’m looking forward to later this years is my first Oracle ACE Director briefing at Oracle Open World (22-26 September)

1 comment: