Friday, September 9, 2011

My Oracle Magazine Collection

Over the past couple of days I have been doing a bit of a reorganisation of my book case in my home office. On one of the shelves I keep my Oracle Magazine.  My collection dates back to 1992. I began my working career as a graduate consultant with Oracle in Ireland. At that stage Oracle Magazine seemed to be published every 4 to 6 months, but around 1995 it moved to being published every 2 months.
I though that I had a full collection of Oracle Magazine from 1993 onwards, but the table below shows that I have a number of missing editions. Perhaps these gaps are due to my good nature of lending them to other people, or maybe I just lost them somewhere.
What I’m looking to do is to complete my collection. If you have one of the missing editions, can you let me know. Assuming that you don’t mind parting with it, we can arrange postal.


Looking back over the previous editions, it is interesting to see some of the topics that were discussed. Typically they were a couple years before they became commonly used.
An idea for Oracle Magazine is to have a new column that looks back at an article on a particular technique/technology/tool and reflects on how things have changed (or not) since the article was written.

2 comments:

  1. Brendan,

    I'm always willing to help a fellow data miner (and potentially a fellow pack rat!) I just received my Nov/Dec 2011 issue of Oracle Magazine and noticed the letter to the editor referencing this blog post. I happen to have several back issues of Oracle Magazine, some of which I have multiple copies. But before I go further, can you confirm that it's the BLANK slots that you need? For example, you need Jan/Feb2010, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan

    Thanks for your offer of helping me complete my Oracle Magazine collection. Yes the blank slots correspond to the missing editions.

    It would be great if you could help me.

    My postal address is
    Brendan Tierney
    Room K201
    School of Computing
    Dublin Institute of Technology
    Kevin St
    Dublin 8

    ReplyDelete