Monday, March 9, 2015

OUG Ireland 2015 is next week

The annual OUG Ireland conference is on next week on Thursday 19th March.

If you haven't already signed up for the conference this is only a few days left to do so. Click here to go to the registrations pages.

Also don't forget to sign Maria Colgan's one day seminar on the Oracle 12c In-Memory Option.

As always there is a very full agenda with 7 streams, 47 presentations and several keynote presentations.

I'll be a draw for a copy of my book and I'll be giving away a few Oracle Press goodies too. Check out this blog post for the details and rules of the book draw.

The following are the presentations I'm planning on attending (so you know where to find me)

TimePresenterTopic
09:10-09:30Debra LilleyOUG Ireland Welcome, Introduction and Opening
09:30-10:10Jon Paul (Oracle)Opening Keynote by Jon Paul from Oracle
10:15-11:00Oralce Presentation Oracle Big Data Strategy

11:00-11:25 Exhibition Hall
11:25-12:10Antony HeljulaReal Business Value Using Predictive BI

(I've seen this before but I worked with Antony on some of what he will be talking about)

12:15-13:00Roel Hartman &

Brendan Tierney

What Are They Thinking? With Oracle Application Express & Oracle Data Mining.

(we gave this presentation at Oracle Open World back in September 2014)

12:15-13:00Gurcan OrhanHow to handle Dev, Test & Prod with ODI
13:00-14:00 Lunch

(and then freaking out before I give my second presentation)

14:00-14:45Brendan TierneyPredictive Queries in Oracle 12c Database

(I suppose I have to turn up to my own presentation)

14:50-15:35Roel HartmanHidden APEX 5 Gems Revealed

(APEX 5 is due out any day now)

15:35-16:00Exhibition Hall & Coffee

(and then freaking out before I give my third presentation)

16:00-16:45Brendan TierneyRunning R in your Oracle Database using Oracle R Enterprise

(This presentation generally runs for 50 minutes)

16:50-17:35Maria ColganBI, Dev & Tech Closing Keynote: Oracle Database In-Memory-The next big thing
17:35-18:35Event Social i.e. free drink :-)

As you can see it is going to be a busy, busy day.

I would love to attend lots of others, but being able to be in multiple places at the same time is not one of them.

NOTE:The User Group has a rule that a presenter can have a max of 2 presentations. Unfortunately we had to break this rule a week out from the conference, due to some cancellations. And that is why I've ended with 2.5 presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment