Wednesday, February 26, 2014

SQL Developer 4.0.1 is out

Oracle have released an updated version of SQL Developer and it is available to download from here.

Jeff Smyth has a blog post on some of the bug fixes in SQL Developer.

and Kris Rice also has a blog post on the new updated release.

So what about Oracle Data Miner. There seems to be a couple of minor new features on being able to select statistical outputs for the transform node. Also the model and test results viewers now automatically refresh if they are open. ODM can not be installed on Oracle Personal Edition (I haven't tried this out yet). 

Plus the Graph node can not have line charts based on mulitiple y axis attributes.  I'll have a blog post on this soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ever since upgrading to SQL Developer 4.0.1, I am having trouble with the Data Miner Client which is built-in.
    For one database, I get a message that I must upgrade the DM repository.
    If I do that, older Data Miner clients will be hosed.

    On another, I get a message that the text feature of Oracle must be enabled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe
    This is a common problem that many face. What I'll do rather than replying here, I will create a new blog post with a discussion on this topic. That way the information will be available to everyone and they can find it easily.

    Unfortunately there is not magic solution to this :-(

    Brendan

    ReplyDelete