Saturday, December 21, 2013

BIWA Summit 2014

The BIWA Summit 2014 is on from January 14th-16th, and is located in the Oracle Conference Center, at Oracle Head Office, in Redwood City (CA, USA). This conference is organised by a very dedicated and experienced group of people, including some very senior people in Oracle who are responsible for various analytics offerings from Oracle.

I presented that this conference last January (2013), and I’ve been tempted into presenting again in January (2014).

SNAGHTML17364755

The conference has been expanded with more parallel tracks, a hands-on track, and a meet the experts/presenters session. So lots and lots more content and learning experiences.

I will be giving two presentations. The first one is on how Universities in the UK are using Oracle Data Miner and OBIEE to manage their Student Churn. I gave this presentation at Oracle Open World (Sept, 2013) along with Tony Heljula from Peak Indicators.  This time (Tuesday 14th @10am) I’ll be giving the presentation on my own. My second presentation is a demonstration of how you can use Oracle Data Miner to do Sentiment Analysis using a sample data set from Kaggle (Wednesday 15th @11:15am). I’ve given this presentation a couple of times already and the feedback that I keep on hearing is ‘I didn’t know you could do that in Oracle’. So it is an alternative to using Endeca, R and any of the other tools that we keep on hearing about. Instead we can just use SQL.

If you come to one of my presentations make sure you ask me for one of my Oracle Data Scientist conference ribbons.  I got these made up for Oracle Open World and there was lots of interest in them.

image

I’ve agreed to take part in the meet the experts/presenters. This is were attendees at the conference can sign up for a 15 minute 1-to-1 slot with one of the experts/presenters. I’ll be available for this from 3pm on Wednesday 15th. If you would like to sign up for one of these slots then there will be a sign up sheet at the conference. I will be hanging out at the conference for most of the 2.5 days, so do make sure you say hello at some stage.

The full agenda is live (subject to change of course) and can be found by clicking on the image below

image

Hopefully I’ll see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment