Sunday, September 30, 2012

OOW : Day by Day blog or Not

Today Sunday is the first full day for Oracle Open World. Although parts of it started on Saturday with the MySQL conference as was as a number of other briefing type session throughout the day and evening.

One thing that I will not be doing over the course of the next 5 days is to give a day by day account of the different sessions that I attended nor will I be giving updates on what was announced at OOW.

There will be plenty of announcements and there will be many thousands of people who will be tweeting, blogging and writing all kinds of articles about the these.

When the conference finishes up next Thursday I will take some time to write a blog post on what were the main announcements for me and in particular for the Oracle Analytics Option and suppose the whole area people call BIG Data.

The first IOUG BIG Data SIG meeting will be on Tuesday morning from 8:45-9:45, Moscone West, Level 3, Overlook 3.

The main presentation on the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option will be on Wednesday by Charlie Berger (Sr Director for Advanced Analytics). In addition to this presentation there will be a number around the whole ORE and BIG Data. This will rounded off by the Keynote on Thursday morning. Yes that is the morning after the big social event on Wednesday night with Kings of Leon and Peal Jam.

One thing that I will be doing each day will be posting a new review of old Oracle Magazine. So check in daily for those.

The next 5 days will be a bit manic as I try to gain learn lots. The problem here is that my interest span a number of areas. OK the main one is the Oracle Advanced Analytics and BIG Data, but I also have DBA and Developer skills/interests too.

No comments:

Post a Comment