Monday, December 12, 2011

My UKOUG Presentation on ODM PL/SQL API

On Wednesday 7th Dec I gave my presentation at the UKOUG conference in Birmingham. The main topic of the presentation was on using the Oracle Data Miner PL/SQL API to implement a model in a production environment.

There was a good turn out considering it was the afternoon of the last day of the conference.

I asked the attendees about their experience of using the current and previous versions of the Oracle Data Mining tool. Only one of the attendees had used the pre 11g R2 version of the tool.

From my discussions with the attendees, it looks like they would have preferred an introduction/overview type presentation of the new ODM tool. I had submitted a presentation on this, but sadly it was not accepted.  Not enough people had voted for it.

For for next year, I will submit an introduction/overview presentation again, but I need more people to vote for it. So watch out for the vote stage next June and vote of it.

Here are the links to the presentation and the demo scripts (which I didn’t get time to run)

My Presentation

Demo Script 1 – Exploring and Exporting model

Demo Script 2 – Import, Dropping and Renaming the model. Plus Queries that use the model

No comments:

Post a Comment