Thursday, April 21, 2011

Recent ODM activity

Over the past couple of weeks I’ve been a little bit busy with some Oracle Data Miner 11gR2 related activities. These include

  • Writing an article called Oracle Data Miner Comes of Age for submission to Oracle Scene, the UKOUG quarterly magazine. I was told on 20th April that my article was accepted and will be in the June edition
  • The call for presentations opened for the annual UKOUG conference in Birmingham in December. I submitted a presentation which will be based on the article in Oracle Scene.
  • I submitted 2 presentations to Oracle Open World in October. But funding might be a problem here. I’ve asked the ODM development group to see if they could sponsor some of the costs. One presentation is on Oracle Data Miner. The second is on
  • I also submitted a presentation to an online (virtual) Oracle conference called VirtaThon, again on Oracle Data Miner.

Some other things that I have planned are

  • Create two videos for the Oracle Scene article. The first video is a short intro to the article. The plan is to have this on the UKOUG website to promote the article. The second video will be based on the article, covering the material and the demo in the article
  • Create a video on creating an ODM repository and getting started with ODM
  • Create a video on removing the ODM repository
  • Create a video on saving/exporting a DM model from ODM
  • Write an article on what Oracle products can be used throughout the Data Mining LifeCycle (CRISP-DM). Hopefully I will submit this for the autumn edition of Oracle Scene.
  • Get all the documentation available on the data manipulation stage in the new ODM tool and write an article based on this, produce a video of it, etc

All of this to be finished by the middle of June.

So I have a busy few weeks ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment